RAJASTHANI THEATRE AND FOLK FESTIVAL
We are excited to announce the 6th edition of the Rang Rajasthan(Rajasthani Theatre and folk festival) that will take place from January 2020 in Jawahar Kala Kendra, Jaipur.
Submissions for the 6th Edition of the Rang Rajasthan are now open.
Applicants will be informed regarding the status of their application by the end of October.
1- RAJASTHAN RO RANGMANCH
Application invited for Theatre plays which are in RAJASTHANI language. It can be an old show or a new one.
The troupe and the director should belong to Rajasthan only and the play can be of any dialect of Rajasthan.
Time limit – 120 minutes
2- RAJASTHAN RO UBHARTO KALAKAAR
Application invited for theatre plays which can be in any language, old or new production. The age of Director should be below 35 and the Troup and director should belong to Rajasthan state only.
Time Limit- 65 minutes
3- PADHARO SAA PAAWNA
In this category, Applications are invited from out of Rajasthan. It can be of any language.
Time limit- 90 minutes
This is story telling category. Application invited for story telling performances. The story telling can be of any language but should be written by a RAJASTHANI WRITER.
Time limit- 50 minutes
5- AAPNI MAATI AAPNO SUR
Application invited for folk & fusion performances from all over Rajasthan which includes :
Folk singing | Folk dancing | Folk theatre | Fusion bands and etc.
Time limit- 90 minutes .(minimum)
Please submit the following information:
- A short Synopsys of the play (max. 600 words) in hindi and english.
- A one-page statement clearly stating why you want to participate in the festival with the project you are proposing. Please indicate if your project has been a part of any other workshops or festivals.
- A presentation of your work: a copy of the script and a short video of its production if available or any other visuals that speak to your work. Please ensure that your submission includes 2-3 high-resolution images and a 1-2 minute video for promotional purposes.
- A technical rider/data sheet that includes everyone expected to participate in the production.
Please email your submission materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th October 2019.
We will confirm receipt of your submission and assess your application. By the end of October 2019, you will be informed about the status of your application.
What we offer:
- A modest performance fee to participating artists.
- Ground transportation and modest accommodation.
You are encouraged to source for support to cover airfare, visa, incl. insurance. Teams selected to participate will receive a formal invitation to facilitate the solicitation for such support.
We thank you for your interest in participating in the Rang Rajasthan(Rajasthani Theatre and folk festival) and look forward to reading your submissions!